The patient group is open to any registered patient to join, its purpose is to encourge people to engage with the NHS and extend patient involvement in the decisions that are being made about services in a time of rapid change.
Do you have ideas for improving services across Leeds? Are there services you would like to see provided either in the Practice, community or hospitals? The group is your opportunity to let us know.
The group meets either at the practice or at a local venue, tea and coffee are provided and we often have a prize draw. The NHS is changing as never before we can only make your views and wishes known to commissioners if you tell us in the first place.
- To participate in the health improvement of the local population
- To encourage patients to engage in their own healthcare
- To have knowledge on issues that impact on health
- To be a signpost to other services/agencies
- Sharing experience & feeding back
- Identifying areas with scope for improvement
- Highlighting excellence
- Supporting change
- Bringing peers together for mutual encouragement
- Promoting self-management
- Linking into the community
It is NOT a forum to air grievances nor is it a single issue forum.
The right of all those attending to have a fair hearing is respected.