The NHS Constitution outlines the rights and responsibilities which apply to everyone who is entitled to receive NHS services
As a patient you are entitled to:
- Choose your GP practice.
- Express a preference for using a particular doctor.
- Be spoken to with respect, care and courtesy
As a patient you have the following responsibilities:
- You must live in the catchment area.
- If your appointment could wait for a day or two please be responsible and do not demand to be fitted in immediately.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. We recognise that the Drs do sometimes run behind – we do not know what a patients problem is until the patient attends, you know the time of your appointment when you make it.
- If you have a number of problems to discuss with the GP please talk to the receptionist about booking a double or extended appointment
- Speak to staff with respect, and courtesy.
- Inform us promptly if you change your contact details including your mobile phone number.
- Cancel any appointment you are not going to use at least one hour before your appointment time. Wasted appointments are reviewed regularly and those who repeatedly waste appointments are removed from our list.